Everyone wants to be seen in their Lazer Z1 and Z1 MIPS helmet! The Lazer Z1 and Lazer Z1 MIPS are already eye catching, but soon they will be even more so. Coming in October, the Lazer Mudcap with LED. The light is a good add on at $25.
First reactions in the triathlon community to the new Felt IA have run the gamut from “ugliest bike I’ve seen” to “I need one… now!”. Regardless of whether you like the aesthetics of the IA’s deep tube shapes and low seat stays, it is one fast bike. IA stands for integrated aero and the IA is now Felt’s flagship model for triathlon bikes. According to Felt the new IA tested 20% faster in the wind tunnel than the Felt DA and was ridden by Miranda Carfrae last year on her way to victory at Kona.
Providing the structural integrity of the IA’s slippery shape, Felt used a new carbon layup process with a material they have named UHC Nano TeXtreme. TeXtreme carbon is made using flat tapes of carbon instead of yarns or fiber. This is important because it allows the engineers to pack more fibers into a given area. The end result is more carbon fiber and less resin which allows for the same structural integrity while cutting up to half the weight.
This week we got our hands on two of these speed machines, a 54cm (already claimed) and a 51cm (still available!). We took some time to look over the bike in person and snapped a couple pictures. Take a look at some of Felt’s documents linked below if you are a technology geek, or come into the shop to take a look at triathlon’s fastest bike for yourself.
Felt IA Technical Documents PDF (Tough to read, the document’s text is light gray on a white background.)
Mark your calendars for next Thursday, December 13th, from 5 pm – 8 pm as it will be a night you don’t want to miss! Here is what the night will entail:
- Rub shoulders with U.S Olympic Triathlete Gwen Jorgenson and get your questions answered during her 30 min Q&A Session starting at 6pm. Learn how she quickly transferred to triathlon’s top rung, competing with the likes of Sarah Groff and Laura Bennett after being a standout in running and swimming!
- Preview 2013 clothing from Hincapie, CEP, PoCampo, and SheBeest. Learn first hand from industry representatives!
- Take advantage of store-wide holiday specials (Think Black Friday prices or better!) Preview to come soon!
- An opportunity to win give-aways from Hincapie, CEP, and SheBeest with no purchase necessary!
- Holiday refreshments (Holiday Cookies, Coffee & Hot Cocoa) and the chance to catch up with your fellow multisport athletes
To lubricate your holiday shopping, get 1/2 off a tune-up (up to $45 in value) when you spend $100 or more in-store during the evening.
If you spend $200 or more, not only do you get the 1/2 tune-up certificate, but a $25 Gear West Bike Gift Card to be used during a future purchase! So, in all, you could save up to $70 off your future purchase of a tune-up and accessories if you play your cards correctly!
We hope to see you, whether if it is to mingle with fellow athletes, cross some items off your shopping list, or hear from Olympic Athlete Gwen Jorgenson!
Registration is open for the 2013 Gear West Duathlon! We have many exciting changes to tell you about. We have partnered with Zipp Speed Weaponry to continue to bring you the most affordable, professionally run, duathlon in the Midwest! Check out what 2013 brings below:
New for 2013:
- The event will start and end at Orono High School (Just ¼ mile north of old venue) giving you and your family a fantastic race venue!
- We will have an enclosed tent for packet pick-up, race morning shelter, and the after race breakfast.
- Did you say breakfast? Yes, we will be serving pancakes and Caribou Coffee.
- We will have on-site child care for the little ones, allowing them to play under supervision and within range of transition.
- The run course will be slightly different with a nice long finishing chute for a strong finish!
Exclusively from Zipp Speed Weaponry:
- The first 100 people to register will receive a limited edition Zipp Top Tube Bag.
- On the first of each Month, Zipp will be giving away the following to one GW Duathlon participant:
- February 1st– Two Zipp Tangente Tires
- March 1st –Two Zipp Carbon Bottle Cages and water bottles
- April 1st –Zipp Double Wheel Bag
- May 1st –Zipp Gear/Transition Bag
*Additionally, on race morning, May 18th at 8 am, one pair of Zipp 404 Clinchers will be given away to ONE LUCKY PARTICIPANT!