The 2015 Ironman World Championship is right around the corner! The Felt crew will be headed to Big Island next week to support Felt pro and age-group athletes. From Tuesday-Friday, we will be providing complimentary bike tune-ups and inspections for any athlete racing on a Felt. In addition, there will be opportunities to meet Mirinda Carfrae, Daniela Ryf, Kelly Williamson and Tim Reed.
The Felt base camp for the week is at Daylight Mind Coffee Company, immediately next to the Ironman Expo. If you will be at the race, please stop by to say hello and pick up a limited edition commemorative t-shirt.
New Gear & Winter Sale
New gear is arriving weekly! We are pleased with the new cycling kits, jerseys, and outerwear. If you’re looking for something fresh, different, and classy…come check out the new stuff from Sugoi, Craft, Hincapie, and Louis Garneau (among many more). Even though winter is still here and, technically, it will be for a few more days, we still have a nice amount of cold weather riding gear to get you through the chilly mornings and into the evening. Gloves, hats and warmers are now 25-50% off! Come in a find what suits your needs.
Hedgecock Goes 1 & 2
Our very own Dan Hedgecock turns up the heat in Florida two weeks in a row. Draft legal triathlon racing is super cool, and super fast…just like Dan! With back to back races to start-up the season, Dan takes ordinary to extraordinary (or something like that). Clermont Draft Legal Challenge was March 9th, 2013 and Dan was racing in the 25U Elite group. Dan’s hard work over the winter paid off and he took the number 1 spot on the podium with a very well-rounded race. The weekend following (this past weekend of St Paddy’s madness) was the Sarasota draft legal triathlon. Dan fought hard for another win, but got edged out by seconds to take second spot on the podium.
We are very proud of Dan and his accomplishments during the off-season to being him two great showings to kick of 2013. He will be back to the beauty and wonder of Minnesota very soon, fit and ready to rock the scene locally and afar. See you soon Mr. Hedgecock!
Registration is open for the 2013 Gear West Duathlon! We have many exciting changes to tell you about. We have partnered with Zipp Speed Weaponry to continue to bring you the most affordable, professionally run, duathlon in the Midwest! Check out what 2013 brings below:
New for 2013:
- The event will start and end at Orono High School (Just ¼ mile north of old venue) giving you and your family a fantastic race venue!
- We will have an enclosed tent for packet pick-up, race morning shelter, and the after race breakfast.
- Did you say breakfast? Yes, we will be serving pancakes and Caribou Coffee.
- We will have on-site child care for the little ones, allowing them to play under supervision and within range of transition.
- The run course will be slightly different with a nice long finishing chute for a strong finish!
Exclusively from Zipp Speed Weaponry:
- The first 100 people to register will receive a limited edition Zipp Top Tube Bag.
- On the first of each Month, Zipp will be giving away the following to one GW Duathlon participant:
- February 1st– Two Zipp Tangente Tires
- March 1st –Two Zipp Carbon Bottle Cages and water bottles
- April 1st –Zipp Double Wheel Bag
- May 1st –Zipp Gear/Transition Bag
*Additionally, on race morning, May 18th at 8 am, one pair of Zipp 404 Clinchers will be given away to ONE LUCKY PARTICIPANT!
Register and save before Dec. 31st with ZapEvent
Do you want to take part in Burrito Union’s 5 or 10-hour triathlon to cap off the season? Do you have an SUV or truck with towing capabilities? Volunteer to bring the transition racks up to Burrito Union and as a thank you, race either race for free! Known to be super fun, extremely scenic and well run, you will enjoy every second of this race. The trailer isn’t very big, so no need to worry! For more information regarding Burrito Union Triathlon, click here
To volunteer for this opportunity, please email Brett@gearwestbike.com