1) Plenty of Value at an Unbeatable Price – This half iron race is $100. Compare that price to any M-Dot race (at least $250 + Travel + Bike Shipping) and it is a no brainer. If you aren’t convinced, look at some of the other benefits below.
2) Over $4950 in cash prizes for the top 8. If you are more of the weekend warrior, don’t by-pass this race as they also have over $5000 in door prizes including a Quintana Roo tri bike, Gear West Gear Bag that is stuffed with $500 of sweet triathlon accessories, Quintana Roo wetsuit, Spinerval DVD’s, a Kurt Kinetic trainer and more…M-Dot races would never top these giveaways!
3) Premier Race Site – the race takes place at Pleasant Creek State Park near Palo, Iowa. This is a great area with clean beaches, clear water, excellent roads, and one of the flattest run courses around!
4) Great volunteers that hand out plenty of cold water, race food, ice, and HEED energy drink at all the aid stations. Plus the course is safe and well marked with plenty of volunteers at each turn and intersection.
5) Plenty of hotel spaces within 20 minutes of the race start line, making it a convenient and hassle free race day morning.
6) Top notch post-race food, including pasta and pizza to get you refueled after a great day of racing.
7) Community Giving – Last year Pigman races gave back over $15,000 to the community. There are very few races in the Midwest that play such a supporting role in the surrounding community.
8) Instant Results – JMS Racing Services has the latest and greatest timing equipment, timing events such as USAT Age Group Nationals, the Collegiate Nationals, and National Duathlon Championship. Rest assured results will be posted quickly, with updates regarding age group and overall results being posted throughout the race.
9) There are great free massages near the finish line. Get those sore muscles worked on right after you cross the finish.
10) Family Oriented – the beach is free and the water is great for swimming. Plus, there are plenty of places to cheer from and this has always been a great race to bring the entire family to. Enjoy camping, hiking, fishing and lots of other natural beauty before or after the race in Pleasant Creek State Park.
11) Pigman Long-Course has been recognized multiple times by Inside Triathlon Magazine as a premier race. In 2007, they even made the top 8 races in the “Editors’ Picks.” How can you beat that dedication to excellence?
12) It is a qualifier for the ITU Long Course Triathlon World Championships that are being held in Nevada for 2011.
Register HERE before June 6th and save $15 on early-bird registration.